Monday, September 16, 2013

Puppy-sitting. Pole Competition. Apple Picking. Friend Making Monday

How's that for a title. 

I had such a fun weekend! 

Our friends, Leah and Jeff, recently got a new puppy and when she asked me if we could watch their pup, Cole, for a few days, I was beyond ecstatic.

I mean, look at this face!!





Mulder and Cole met once before and tolerated each others presence, but this time, they played non-stop. 
Impossible to get both of them to sit at the same time! This was the best picture of both of them

The first night, we had to put them in separate rooms so we could all get some sleep. The next night, they finally tuckered themselves out and both fell asleep with me, curled up on the bed. (Don't get me started on the dog-in-the-bed debate. I know some people find it gross, but I love it even if there is practically no room on the bed)
Two dogs in the bed leaves very little room for humans

On Friday night, there was a fair that came to our town so we went to check it out. The teenager ran into some kids he knew from school so he ditched us to hang out with them and we had a nice time walking around.

Saturday morning, Ryan brought the teenager to the scout house for an overnight trip and then went to work for a couple of hours while I slept in (although, it wasn’t really sleeping in considering the dogs were romping all over the place as soon as they got up). Once he came home, we watched Phantom Gourmet and saw a place called Hops and Scotch in Brookline. Because we were heading in to the city later that evening, we decided to check out the restaurant first.

The food was delicious turned out to be pretty good and the beers on tap were of a decent selection. I stuck to an old favorite-Angry Orchid Apple Cider and Shipyard Pumpkin. We split a few appetizers but the noteworthy one was the pecan stuffed dates wrapped in bacon and drizzled with a maple glaze. Definitely looking forward to recreating that!

Afterwards, we headed over to Boston Park Plaza hotel for the real reason we were in the city for the night: The Supershag pole competition. We stayed for most of the evening and both of us had a great time. Some of the dancers were absolutely incredible and their strength moves and tricks were insanely powerful. At the end of the night, I made the official decision that I am going to enter in a competition next year and Ryan has eagerly started to pick out potential music selections for me.

P-Comp

Sunday was a lovely day as well. We went to a local farm, called The Big Apple Farm for some apple picking. (#92 on my list accomplished). 
Me: "make a silly face"
Ryan: "ugh, really"



Me: "make a serious face"
Ryan: "you look ridiculous" 

The apples were so delicious that I didn't even mind the sticky chin. We had some fun taking ridiculous pictures in the car before we got on the tractor to the apple trees.
Waiting in line to get on the tractor


Tractor ride


Fresh apples

Peekaboo





Mmmm fresh juicy apple






((Be sure to check back in later in the week for how to make homemade applesauce-the only way I know cook: quick and easy, but pretend its fancy :) ))


On our way home, Ryan asked me if I had been in the artisan furniture store yet and when I mentioned I hadn't  he pulled in so we could have a look around. I was in awe. The furniture is amazing! We both fell in love with an over-sized farm table layered with copper inserts. Although that piece and every other furniture piece was out of our price range, we did leave with a really cool stone piece that was much more within our price range. It was part of a bookend set but the owner told us that someone stole the other half. We eagerly jumped on the low price and it is now sitting comfortably on table in our living room. Love it. (Yay, and #78)
Love this desk




We loved this cast iron piece and thought it might be really cool to turn into a light fixture. 



Not the best picture in the world, but this is what we ended up with!



Moving on to Monday
friend makin mondays
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 Relationships and Dating


1.  List five characteristics that you think are important in a significant other.  Support, humor, forgiveness, compromise, compassion. My answer would probably have been different a few years ago, but now after living with Ryan, maintaining a house hold together, and raising a teenager together, I think the above qualities are necessary.
2.  If you had to choose between staying single for the next two years (as in, no dating at all,) or receiving $10,000, which would you choose?  I’m staying with Ryan.
3.  What is your relationship status?  Are you satisfied with it?  With my boyfriend for five and half years. I am satisfied to an extent but I would be lying if I didn’t mention how I am ready for marriage.
4.  Would you date someone who has children?  Well, seeing that I am raising Ryan’s teenage son, the short answer is yes. I would, however, seriously caution anyone who is considering dating someone with children. It is much more challenging than I had ever anticipated. It ain't for the weak-hearted my friends.
5.  Would you date someone who’s shorter than you?  I am not even five feet tall myself (4’11’’ and a half to be exact-and that half is very important to me!) so most guys are taller than me.
6.  Would you date someone who has different political views?  As long the differences of opinions didn't interfere with other aspects of our lives.
7.  If you were going on vacation together, would you choose the beach or the mountains? Tough one. As much as I love snowboarding, I love sitting on a beach with nothing to do except read a book. Ryan isn't as much of a beach person as I am so if we were vacationing together, I would pick mountains. If I am vacationing with friends, I am choosing beach.  My friends and I would rent a house in the cape during the summer and spend our days on the beach. Loved it!

Beach with friends
Cape Cod
August 2008
8.  How do you show someone that you’re interested in them?  The conversations flow and by little nuances of body language, like turning in closer to them, longer eye contact...
9.  Do you prefer to date people who are older than you or younger?  I wouldn't be opposed to dating someone younger, as long as they had their shit together. I couldn't imagine dating someone who wasn't in the same place in life as me though.
10.  Share some details of your dream date.  Again, I am getting itchy for the ring on my finger so without being too shy at this point, my dream date with Ryan has him down on one knee professing his undying love for me and proposing. He is well aware of this! Like I said, I am not shy about letting him know, especially since a bunch of our friends have recently gotten engaged.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Say hello to someone new too!  Happy Monday, friends!
Question for you:

What were you up to this weekend?
What is your furniture style?


2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMM. Most of your photos have a broken link. They didn't post.

    I hope you get that ring!! Waiting was always the hardest part for me. I'm not a patient person. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i think i fixed the problem-hopefully it's working now!

      Delete