It has been a whirlwind of a week with the school year coming to an end and some things in my life that are left to the unknown. I haven't even had the chance to go food shopping this week, let alone cook a real dinner. I'm looking forward to this weekend -so far, no major plans: dinner with my parents on Saturday night and I hope to start getting some after pictures of the house so I can start posting about them. I may go to Lowe's and start looking at paint colors for the other rooms in the house.
I started working on my 101 in 1001 list and I can officially cross this off my list! 1 down, 100 more to go!
I had been working on this list for a while, just gathering random thoughts. I seriously didn't anticipate being this difficult to come up with a 100 things about myself.
1. Pink is my favorite color-pink water bottle, pink cell phone case, ipad cover, key chains. I tried -unsuccessfully- to convince Ryan to let me paint the inside of the walk-in closet hot pink.
2. Birds and fish freak me out.
3. I looooooooove dogs, especially really big dogs. (See #22)
4. I am a speech-language pathologist
5. I cannot resist chocolate
6. I spent my summers growing up at a Jewish overnight camp-I still consider it my favorite place to be. I went there as a camper for 7 years and 6 as a counselor.
7. My brother married a camp girl.
8. I pee a lot (sorry, TMI?)
9. Because I pee a lot, I wake up at least 2-3 times a night. I can't remember the last time I slept through the whole night.
10. I am the world's worst singer.
11. I can recite nearly every line in the show, Friends, and am pretty sure I could answer almost any trivia question about the show.
12. I know every word in Ice Ice Baby.
13. I prefer drinking out of a straw.
14. This all started in high school when I had those clear braces that turned yellow if you weren't extremely careful.
15. I moved to Florida from the Boston area for two years to attend grad school and didn't know a single person.
16. I name my dogs after TV show characters-First was Bauer (24), now I have Mulder (X-files). I really want my next dog to be named Mr. Feeny. ( I also want my next dog to be a French Mastiff but I have to convince Ryan-he is anti-slober; I'm not.)
|One of my favorite pictures of Bauer|
17. I am obsessed with So You Think You Can Dance.
18. I was also quite obsessed with 24, specifically Jack Bauer (hence #16.)
19. I always shave my left leg first and put my contacts in starting with the left eye.
20. But I always remove my right contact first.
21. I am a grammar nerd (except when I am blogging-I excuse myself from this because I just want to type fast.)
22. I grew up with a 300 pound English Mastiff. His name was Windsor and he was such a good dog.
|Size difference or what.|
23. My mother used to trick me into eating salmon when I was a kid by referring to it as "pink chicken."
24. I still have (and cuddle with) my stuffed animal. His name is Tim. I got him when I was a baby and recently got my newborn nephew his very own Tim.
|Original Tim on the left, sans eyes, nose and mouth. Clean Tim on the right|
25. I keep a running list of the books that I have read since I was in college. I'm up to 130 right now.
26. I grew up dancing-it is still one of my favorite things to do. I cannot sit still when I hear music.
|June 1987-My 1st dance recital|
|2001 Senior Dance Company|
38. I also broke my left ankle multiple times from dancing. The first time I broke my ankle, I walked on it for 10 days before going to the hospital.
39. My left index finger was cut off right before my 9th birthday.
40. That's why I celebrate 9 1/2 finger day each year.
41. I have the most handsome nephew in the whole world.
42. I have been skydiving-twice.
43. I have a bit of a daredevil side to me.
44. But I will never consider going bungee jumping -something about the possibility of whiplash terrifies me.
45. I am 4'11'' and a half. That half is extremely important to me.
46. I also have a bit a 90-year old woman side to me- I thoroughly enjoy puzzles, knitting, reading, etc.
47. I love folding laundry. I find it relaxing
48. The same way my mother finds vacuuming relaxing and my grandmother thinks ironing is relaxing.
49. I am still friends with my "girls" from high school. Our group has grown over the years, and I am beyond grateful for my friendship with them.
50. When Ryan and I went on our first date, I asked my friend to call me in the middle of the date to proclaim "something bad happened" as a get-away plan in case I needed it.
51. I ended up texting her in the middle of the date to abort the fake emergency call because I was going to marry Ryan.
52. I can't fall asleep without socks on my feet but I kick them off every single night. There are piles of socks gathered at the end of the bed when I change my sheets.
53. I would prefer to be too cold over being too hot.
54. I love the beach-it is my favorite place to read a book but I don't really care for going in the ocean or getting all sandy.
55. I really dislike taking out the trash.
56. I recently starting drinking and really appreciating craft beer.
57.My favorite movie is "Adventures in Babysitting"-I used to quote the line "don't fuck with the babysitter" when I was a kid. (I still do).
58. And my all time favorite song is Mr. Big's, "To Be With You".
59. I can burp like a truck driver-on command.
60. When I was in college, I didn't know how to cook so I would have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches delivered to me.
61. I want to become fluent in sign-language.
62. My favorite place I have traveled to is Florence, Italy when I went to visit my sister who was studying abroad there.
63. I get weird satisfaction out of making and crossing things off of a to-do list.
64. I crack my knuckles and my hips frequently. When I crack my hips, I lift my leg up, like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant and then lean forward. People always think I am farting when I do this (I don't do this at work or in public.....often.)
65. Despite my insane love for all things chocolate, if I had to pick just one food to eat for the rest of my life it would be Quakers maple and brown sugar oatmeal.
66. At one point, I had 10 piercings (three on each ear, plus two in my left cartilage, my belly button, and my tongue.)
67. The tongue ring came out very shortly after my parents found out. (That didn't go over so well.)
68. I love Sudoku.
69. My favorite book is Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper.
70. I have horrible luck with computers-they tend to break when I am around.
71. My first crushes were Johnny Castle (not Patrick Swayze) from Dirty Dancing and Jesse Katsopolis from Full House. ( I had/still have a thing for a good head of hair.)
72. I don't like biting into apples because my chin feels sticky the rest of the day.
73. I once met Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston when they came to my dance recital. Bobby Brown even signed my ballet shoe.
74. I can't whistle.
75. My favorite flowers are calla-lillies.
76. I still hold my nose when I swim.
77. I am an overly-cautious driver.
78. I sleep on the left side of the bed.
79. I could be very content sitting on the couch all day with a puzzle (nerd alert.)
80. My first concert was New Kids on the Block.
81. Growing up, my comfort food was chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn mixed up in a bowl.
82. My grandmother makes the greatest chocolate chip cookies-it took my nearly 26 years to get the recipe from her.
83. She also made me promise that I would never give the recipe away.
84. I tend to fall asleep when watching a movie.
85. Foods I dislike: popcorn, olives, pickles, cottage cheese, blueberries.
86. I am anti-twitter.
87. If I have a bad day, or something horrible happened, all I want to do is take a nap. My mother started referring to these as my "denial naps."
88. I went to college in upstate New York and grad school in Florida. Complete opposites climates and atmospheres.
89. I've only been snowboarding a handful of times but I got the hang of it pretty quickly and I love it.
90. Except that I suck at getting off the ski lift and have to have someone push me off.
91. I hated skiing the one and only time I went.
92. My earliest memories are of my mother putting my hair in pigtails and curling my hair with a curling iron. The other memory is going to visit my grandfather in the hospital and eating a package of M & M's (refer to #5)
93. I would love to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
94. I won't wear white pants/shorts/capri's.
95. I am good at memorizing vocabulary terms.
96. I enjoy cooking and baking, even though I am not that great at it.
97. If I could meet one person, it would be a tie between Travis Wall and Mia Michaels (See #17.)
98. My father and I both have a thing for old fashioned clocks. I love that we have very similar taste and styles when it comes to decorating, style, and design...old world, wood, brown leather, etc.
99. My mother and I have completely opposite taste. She is very modern, art-deco, contemporary.
100. Writing this list was a lot more difficult than I anticipated.
DONE! Now, I get to cross something off a list, put $5.00 in my savings account as part of my 101 in 1001 list, and feel accomplished for the day! Wahooo