Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weekend plans and the 5-30 Full Body Workout

Aaaaah, sleep-in Saturday (well, till 8:30) .I have a plan-free weekend ahead of me and I intend to take full advantage of it. The teenager had a friend sleep-over so he should be occupied for the day and Ryan and I will get to be alone tonight.

Friday Recap

I am feeling pretty good right now. I have been keeping up with being more active and taking time to get in a workout here and there. I even opted out of getting together with some co-workers (I just started the job a few months ago and this would have been the first time doing this....it would have been really nice but......) I opted out because I knew if I went, I would not have gotten a workout in. ((My goal is to wear and feel comfortable in a bikini this summer))

When I got home, I immediately did the 5-30 workout from Danica at It's Progression and I really really liked it. My arms are wicked sore (in a good way) today from the plank jacks and plank holds. 

Afterwards, I went out for drinks with some of the girls and had a really good time. I almost thought about backing out because I was tired from the week and didn't want to have to drive in the pouring rain, but I am glad I went. Nothing fancy, just the local TGIF about 20 minutes from my house- a place we used to frequent back in our early days. 

After a hard apple cider and lots of chatting about recipes, work, and other things, we said our goodbyes for the night and I was home and in bed by 11:00. Perfect. 


Weekend Plans: 

This weekend, despite not having any official plans, I am hoping to be productive as possible:

-Go food shopping for the week, which also includes making a meal plan and grocery list (something that typically takes me a while to figure out)
-Prep food for the week. So far on this list (without making a general dinner meal plan for the week) is: salad for lunch, hard boiled eggs, Sweet and Tangy Salsa, a bunch of shredded chicken, cutting up some vegetables to have on hand for roasting throughout the week
-Progress reports for my students-they are due at the end of this week and I figure it would be easier to just sit at a Panera and get them all done.
-Along with general upkeep (maintaining dishes and laundry), I'd like to clean the master bathroom and vacuum all the rugs (two bedrooms and the stairs)
-Workout Saturday, workout Sunday. Not sure what I will actually do yet, but I'm sure I'll find something.
-Finish the "before" post-I've been working on this one for a while and would like to get it done, along with a few other posts/pages that I've been working on for a while.



Enjoy your weekend!

~Sarah











1 comment:

  1. Have a great weekend and good luck with your to do list!

    ReplyDelete