Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Never Ending Day

I am somewhere between exhausted and on my second wind. I was dragging on my to-do list for this weekend but now, at quarter to eight, I am just about winding down.
 
My day was non-stop with a trip to Panera to work on progress reports (I managed to get about 5 out of the 30 or so that I need to do), followed by grocery shopping.
 
I came home and prepped in the kitchen for a few hours
  •  salad for lunches for the week with locally grown spinach (thanks to the farmers market from yesterday, honey roasted peanuts, chopped red cabbage, cranberry cheese. I just have to add avocado and dressing each day when I pack it
  • sliced a ton of vegetables for roasting, grilling, or steaming through the week including red cabbage, yellow peppers, orange peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers
  • made a GIANT batch of salsa- I doubled the batch so it can last for at least two weeks with Ryan and I both dipping into it every day
  • cut up an entire watermelon
I also finished washing the last load of laundry and folded and put away all five loads that I have been accumulating throughout the week. I don't mind folding laundry though-I actually find it relaxing.
 
I vacuumed the rugs in my bedroom, the teenagers bedroom, and the stairs. I skipped the office though. I scrubbed the master bathroom and took care of the massive pile of dishes in the sink along with emptying the dishwasher.
 
I didn't get a chance to do an official workout but since I worked up a sweat while doing all the cleaning by moving quickly, I am counting that as a workout for the day.
 
In between doing all of this, I unsuccessfully attempted through various means of getting my pictures from my phone to the computer. Massive failure. I was working on the "before pictures" but still am not ready to post just yet. Hang on, its coming!
 
Well, my house is (sorta) clean-at least areas of it are clean. Hey, that's the best I can do today. I'm going to shower and get into my comfy clothes followed by the rest of the evening of working on progress reports and trying to get the last of the "before post" done.

No comments:

Post a Comment