Monday, September 9, 2013

It's Feeling Like Fall/Friends Making Monday-Getting To Know Each Other

Oh Monday, we meet again. This past weekend was a nice, simple weekend. We stayed in on Friday night and fell asleep on the earlier side. Saturday morning, I went to pole class and then in the afternoon and evening, we went to our friends housewarming/birthday party. I thoroughly enjoy backyard parties with our friends but I did notice it was getting much cooler at night which means, it's starting to feel like Fall around here!  As much as I enjoy wearing flip flops and summer clothes and spending time at the beach, I always find my birthday as the perfect ending point to the summer. Now, I am ready for fall.

I love the Fall when it's time to wear boots and scarves. It's time to go apple picking and make homemade applesauce. My favorite part about Fall, though, is the crunchy leaves and acorns on the ground. I love seeing the leaves change colors and I can only imagine how gorgeous the leaves are going to be at our new house.Bring on the cooler weather-I'm ready!!!

Moving, on to Friends Making Monday:


f you've taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179

Getting To Know Each Other
1.  What is your favorite flower?  Calla Lillie's. I love how simple and elegant they are. In terms of  fragrance though, hyacinths are where it's at. They smell delicious.

2.  What is a date on the calendar that you’re looking forward to?  September 14. There is a pole competition in Boston and Ryan and I have tickets to watch. As a former competitive dancer, I am really excited to see a pole competition and after tonight's class, I am highly considering entering  the next competition which is about a year away.  
3.  List at least five characteristics of your ideal mate. Agreeable but not in a push-over way. Silly and goofy. Supportive. Rough hands (i.e. he likes to get dirty, can build and fix things around the house..you know, do the "man things"). Intelligent
4.  What is your favorite travel destination?  Florence, Italy was my favorite place I have ever traveled to and I would love to go back, especially with Ryan and explore more of Italy.
5.  What is your idea of the perfect date?  Perfect date is made by who the date is with
6.  What is your relationship with your family like?  This is a loaded question. I was "kicked out" of my family a few years ago and have, in the past year or so, just begun to rebuild the relationships. While it is still rocky and uncomfortable at times, it is also a fresh, new start. I used to be incredible close with my sister but it doesn't feel that way anymore. On the other hand, I am loving the new type of relationship I have with my parents, especially my mother. I feel like we have developed into having an "adult" relationship
7.  What time did you wake up this morning?  Well, I set the alarm to get out of bed at 5:40 so I could go for a run/walk but I didn't end up getting out of bed until 6:30.
8.  What characteristic do you like most about yourself?  Which do you dislike most?  I like that I am feisty and outgoing at times. I love that I am not afraid to make a fool out of myself, especially in front of people  am comfortable with. I dislike that I am moody, impatient, and set-off easily, particularly at home.
9.  What is your favorite sport to watch?  Dance. duh.
10.  Share a few interesting things that you did over the weekend.  Went to our friends house-warming/birthday party. See above.


Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments.  Take a minute to say hello to someone new this week too!  Happy Monday!

Question for you:
What's your favorite thing about Fall?
What did you do this past weekend?


4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMM... Florence! I simply love Florence. I haven't been, but I want to go - desperately. I have several friends (and family) who have been to Florence, and I'm still annoyed with them that they didn't take me along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same answer for favorite flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must go to Florence-the place is amazing!

    ReplyDelete