Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pole Fitness and S'mores Truffles

Sunday mornings are usually one of my favorite times of the week.

Yesterday morning, I went to pole class at the same studio I went to with my friends last week. I ended up purchasing a punch card package (10 classes for $100 plus yesterdays class for free) as opposed to paying $25 for a drop-in. The studio is so much closer to my house (and new job!) than the last studio I went to. I'm hoping with the purchase of the punch card, I will start to go regularly again. And since Ryan has been working feverishly on the garage-turned-pol-dance-room, I will have
 
a place to practice and workout at home.

Seriously, pole dancing is one tough workout but I absolutely love it.  Growing up as a dancer, I find any type of exercise that involves movement and music to be fun.

Side note: There is a pole competition in a few weeks that a bunch of the instructors from the pole studio are competing at and I am so excited to go and watch! I know I just restarted pole dancing but there is a big part of me that would love to get into competing (someday, not anytime soon)



Okay, without any further ado, I present to you the easiest (although slightly messy to make) dessert that I briefly teased you with at yesterday's post:

SMORES TRUFFLES


They are to die for. And, since I don't do anything complicated in the kitchen, they can be filed under the category of pathetically easy to make (just like my homemade ravioli). I made these as an upgrade to the Oreo truffles that have been floating all over the pinterest land.

Can you count to four? Because that is the total number of ingredients you need:


-Cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies (AKA: Oreo's but for this, I used the $1.00 per package store brand)
-Package of cream cheese
-Melting chocolate
-S'mores Sprinkles (I bought the package at my local Michael's)


Ready for how easy this is:

1. Crush cookies.




2. Combine crushed cookies with block of cream cheese. I found that it was easiest to put on rubber gloves and mix it all together.  Make silly comment about how the mixture of the cookies and cream cheese looks like a pile of poop.




3. Form into meatball size balls by rolling around a small amount of the mixture in your hands. Continue until all the mixture has been formed into balls.



4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so. This makes it easier for the next few steps.



5.  Melt chocolate according to package directions.

6. Dip chilled balls into melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with S'mores sprinkles. Place gently onto wax paper until hardened



These are best stored in the fridge until ready to consume

Tips:
1. Find a method that works for you in terms of dipping the balls into the chocolate. Items that may be helpful include, but are not limited to, toothpicks, forks, skewers, spoons. Make it work for you!
2. They are REALLY good if they are stored in the freezer and then eaten as a frozen treat.


Question for you:
1. Do you like S'mores?
2. Would you or have you ever tried pole dancing? What are your thoughts?

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment