Thursday, May 23, 2013

ABC's of me


Things are really coming along for the bbq on Sunday. I ended up staying later at work (almost an hour later) and then a friend came over last night with last minute notice to help fix the chimney cap so I didn't get the chance to do my circuit workout. I am going to force myself to do it tonight, despite the fact that I won’t get home until at least 8:00 tonight.

Last night, I also made a master list of what we will be serving for the bbq and came up with the massive shopping list. I probably won't post again until after the bbq and I am hoping to finally put up some before/after pictures of the house.

On another topic.....

Another blog I follow, Meals and Moves, posted this survey a while ago. I thought it would be fun so here we go....

A is for age:  29 but by the end of the summer, I'll be hitting the big 3-0.

B is for breakfast today: Same as pretty much every day since I can remember: 2 packages of brown sugar and maple instant oatmeal, a glass of cran-grape (lite version only!) and a mocha iced coffee that I am still drinking throughout the day

C is for currently craving: Chocolate. I am ALWAYS craving chocolate.

D is for dinner tonight: Since I work at a family’s home providing home services on Thursday evenings, I typically eat dinner there. Depends what the mom is cooking tonight but I am sure it will be delicious. She is a fantastic cook and I look forward to dinner there every week.

E is for favorite type of exercise: Pole dancing! I used to go to classes a while ago and Ryan even got me a pole for my birthday a few years ago. I've since stopped practicing regularly but would love to get back into it again. Just gotta find a good place to install the pole at home and find the time.



 (yep, that's me!)

F is for an irrational fear: Someone breaking in in the middle of the night or really, anything happening in the middle of the night. When I lived alone, I always had a hard time falling asleep because I was so afraid of something happening while I was asleep.

G is for gross food:  Olives. Pickles. Blech.

H is for hometown: I grew up in a suburb half way in between Boston and Providence. Cute little town.

I is for something important: Alone time. Since I am really really trying not to yell, making time for myself is really important. Bubble baths tend to be a regular thing for me as well as the sporadic manicure/pedicure.

J is for current favorite jam: Hmmm, I don't really have one at the moment.

K is for kids: Well, we have the Teenager at home. Does that count? I also consider all my preschool students "my kids" so...I have somewhere between 25-30 kids :)

L is for current location:  Work. At my desk.

M is for the most recent way you spent money: My iced coffee. I splurged and got a large today. Good call on my part.

N is for something you need: Nothing in particular. Yes, there are tons of things I would like for my house but I don't actually *need* anything. I have a roof over my head, a wonderful boyfriend, a job I feel good at...I'm doing alright.

O is for occupation:  Speech Pathologist...aka: professional nose-wiper, bubble-blower, talker.

P is for pet peeve: Kids playing on electronic devices all the time, especially at restaurants. It keeps a lot of restraint in me not to go up to the parents and tell them to tell their kids to put away the freakin ipod/ipad/ds/iphone…If you are bored while waiting for your food to arrive, try having a conversation. Or turn the placemat over and play hangman with your kid. You know what else is a good idea? Keep a deck of cards in the car and play a game.

Q is for a quote: “I don’t remember exactly how we all met; I just remember we were always together” It’s how I feel about my girls.



 

R is for random fact about you: Despite being predominately right handed, I always did my cartwheels/side aerials on my left side.

S is for favorite healthy snack: I’ve been on a banana/nutella kick lately. Have you tried that combination? Its ah-may-zing

T is for favorite treat: A good beer. This is one of my favorites (notice a chocolate theme in my life???)



U is for something that makes you unique: I actually enjoy having MRI’s done. Chance to lay in a warm blanket all cocooned up? Yes, please! The loud, repetitive noise actually comforts me

V is for favorite vegetable: Corn. Butternut squash. Delicata Squash. Raw Cauliflower. Green beans. This list could go on.

W is for today’s workout: I’m hoping to do that circuit workout I posted about!

X is for X-rays you’ve had: I would be here for hours and hours on end if I went through every x-ray I’ve ever had. I broke my left ankle multiple times while in high school from dancing which caused permanent nerve damage. Multiple x-rays from that. I have also dislocated my right hip from years of dancing and having shallow hip sockets. I had massive surgery (called a peri-acetabular osteotomy) a few years ago to reconstruct my hip which obviously resulted in multiple x-rays, cat-scans, and MRI’s.

Y is for yesterday’s highlight: I work with a student who chooses not to talk and yesterday, he spoke!!!! Multiple times!!!! I was working with him and one of his friends, and must have created the perfect situation in which he was comfortable enough to talk. He answered question after question. IT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY SCHOOL YEAR!!!!

Z is for your time zone: Eastern Standard time. I actually just had to double check with my co-worker about that one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment