Friday, August 2, 2013

Too old for pink pants?

First of all, thank you for letting me vent and sob uncontrollably the other day.
Every now and then, we all need one of those days and that's what I did. 

Moving on...

It's my favorite time of the day right now. Ryan has already gone off to work for the day and the teenager and his friend are still sleeping (and probably will be for a while). I'm leisurely sipping on my coffee while reading up on blogs and listening to the pitter patter of the gentle rain outside. Mulder is curled up at my feet and I have no where to be today. Aaaah, relish in the happy place for a minute..


 Few things for Friday, and then I am disconnecting from the internet world for the rest of the day. 


1. I borrowed the Gone With The Wind audio books from the library yesterday to listen while I was driving. So far, I am finding it a little boring. I can usually get into audio books pretty quickly but I think I probably need to give this more time. I was only allowed to take out the first half of the audio books at this time and it is 41 CD's long! 

2. I thought about taking Mulder for a walk on the trails behind our house but it started to rain. Rain=muddy paws. 

3. I should mention this-it's one of the reasons why I love Ryan. When I stormed out of the house the other day, Ryan spent that time cleaning the house. I was gone for just under an hour and in that time, Ryan swept and steam cleaned the floors, hung up all the pictures and wall decorations from when I was painting, picked up all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen counter tops, and made the bed. He's pretty awesome like that. 

4. I had one of these last night: 

                           

Angry Orchard Hard Cider in Elderflower. I loved the light, crisp, floral taste. Ats 5% alcohol by volume, it is described as having "tropical notes from the Elderflower balanced by a fresh, bright, fruity flavor reminiscent of lychee, pears, and citrus." This has been one of my favorite drinks this summer. 

5. Tomorrow will make a full month without buying a coffee.

6. Its my birthday month! I really want to rent a bounce house for my birthday but Ryan isn't totally convinced. Hey, I'm turning 30. Bouncy-houses are totally appropriate, right? 

7. Girls night tomorrow night. Can't.freaking.wait. 

8. Ran into TJMaxx the other day to get a pair of sunglasses and walked out with a few extra items. 
Sunglasses + blackflats, leggings, pink pants, shirt. 

I really debated on the pink pants-they are very uncharacteristic of me but couldn't help myself. Is 30 to old to wear pink pants? I justified the leggings because they were only $5.99 and the black flats because I have been looking for MONTHS for a pair. The shirt was just too cute not to pass up-I love the elbow patches! 

That's all I got for today. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!

Question or you:
Whats your favorite summer drink?
Any exciting weekend plans?






No comments:

Post a Comment