Saturday, August 24, 2013

Life Can Get Busy Sometimes.

Yes, it has been well over a week and a half since I last posted. Life gets so busy and things come up-it really makes me wonder how some bloggers manage to post multiple times per day!


Recap of what has been going on here lately:

-We got a new couch for our living room and it is beyond super comfortable. Ryan and I even slept on our couch the night we got it

Ignore the awkward coffee table-we have since moved it to the basement
-I made the most amazing dessert last week: S'mores truffles (recipe to come very very soon)

Yuuuuum. 
-I started a new job and I have a really good feeling about it. We had a new hire orientation last Wednesday and Thursday-it was so nice to be able to connect with some of the new teachers before school actually begins. We had a two hour break on Thursday and a few of us went out to lunch together. In the past, I have veered away from becoming friendly with co-workers outside of the building so one of my 101 in 1001 goals was to go out for a social outing with people from work. Check that one off the list! (and add $5.00 to savings account!) Next Monday, I will finally meet with the other speech pathologists in the district and Tuesday will be our school orientation. I don't know what school I will be working at yet, but I am excited to find out!

-My birthday is coming up and Ryan has been amazing. He is building out a part of the garage for a dance space for me for my birthday. Everyday after work, he has come home and worked on the area-from cleaning the walls, painting the walls, cleaning the pipes, painting the ceiling, installing new recessed lights. He is non-stop. On my actual birthday, we are going to install the floors and put up the pole and I will have my very own dance space!
Beginning stages of garage renovation. 

- Sometime last week, I convinced a bunch of my friends to come to a pole class with me. It was the first time I had been in a while and it was like riding a bike. We had a lot of fun and I plan to get a punch card for a series of ten classes.

-Unfortunately, Ryan's grandfather passed away last week. He was 93 years old and truly the most selfless, caring, gregarious individual. While his passing was expected, it still sucks nonetheless. Instead of going to the wake and funeral, I stayed back to watch some of the younger kids who were too young to attend. After two full days of three kids under three years old, I have a new found respect for stay at home parents!

-After I went to day one of orientation, I met up with my parents and sister to have dinner and see Wicked in Boston. The show was phenomenal and I couldn't get over how funny it was. Every time I see a show, it makes me wish I could sing.

I can;t believe summer is winding down already. As the school year begins next week, I am looking forward to an exciting new school year in a new school district as well as turning 30!

I am off to take a pole class (as soon as I start going more regularly, I will post just about that).

Check back again soon for how to make the S'mores Truffles!

Question for you:
What do you get excited about as the summer begins to wind down and fall begins?
What was something you have done in the past few weeks that is worth sharing?



2 comments:

  1. Yup, sounds like you have been busy! That couch looks crazy comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is crazy comfortable but after having it few a few days now, we find that EVERYTHING sticks to it-it always looks dirty-wish i knew that before we bought it!

      Delete