I finished up my CPI training on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the course. Unfortunately, while I was there, I received some horribly sad news about one of Mulder's best friend's.
His friend Chullain was hit by a car on Friday night and did not make it. It is unfathomable to think that we will never get to play with this amazing dog again and the amount of sadness I am feeling for our friends, Ed and Emily, is overwhelming. Please hug your puppies a little extra tonight.
We went over their house on Saturday night to be there with them (and join in on their wine tasting they were having for their upcoming wedding-p.s. such a fun idea to do a blind wine tasting. The boys got really into it)
Sunday, I got down and dirty in my Thanksgiving preparations. After spending the better part of the day helping the teenager with a project, I did a bunch of errands and food shopping.
And that is the extent of the weekend. Did you do anything fun?
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What are you plans for Thanksgiving this year? Hosting for 15 people.
2. At what point do you being celebrating the Christmas season? I start getting presents as early as October just as I see them but
3. Do you celebrate Christmas, or do you celebrate another holiday? I grew up Jewish but ever since I started dating Ryan, we celebrate Christmas together. We actually got each other the same gift our first Christmas together. Awwww4. If you could have one present (you know, a material good, not love or world peace) what would you want? a proposal.
5. Share an idea or two that you can plan to do for someone who may need to feel loved throughout the holiday season. Invite them over! When I lived in Florida for grad school, one of our professors invited anyone and everyone to their house for Thanksgiving , especially because so many people couldn't travel home or didn't have anywhere else to go.
6. Would you rather spend the holiday season on the beach or in the snow? Snow.
7. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Mashed potatoes.
8. Will you participate in Black Friday shopping? Absolutely not. I live very close to the outlets so the traffic gets insane. I couldn't imagine dealing with all that. I would probably bitch out too many people.
9. Will you travel for the holidays or stay at home? If you’re traveling, are you flying or driving or making alternate plans? We will be visiting Ryan's father's side of the family, which is his tradition. We start out at our house, then to his parents house, then to his aunt/uncles. All driving. I haven't quite figured out Chanukah plans yet, but i would like to have my brother, his wife, and nephew over at least one of the nights so i can spoil him.
10. List at least 5 things for which you are currently thankful.
- The teenager doing well in school. It finally feels like all this hard work is paying off
- Reconciling with my family
- My friends. I love them to death
- My new job. It makes the world of difference having a job that I enjoy going to rather than dreading.
- Ryan. Even when I don't like him, I love him
- Mulder. And Bauer. And Windsor. I love all of my dogs, past and present.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and take a moment to share it on Facebook and twitter too! Why not spread the friend makin’ love?! Happy Monday, friends!