Monday, October 14, 2013

Friends Making Monday: All About The Blog

I have today "off" and while I am not at school, I am working today. 

How was your weekend? Do you have today off?

Friday afternoon, I went to an open pole class and worked on some tricks. I really like the open atmosphere of the open pole classes. They're very laid back. 

 On Saturday, Ryan and the teenager went to his cousins' for the day so I spent some time at my parents' house before heading up to my best friend's house (an hour and a half away) to spend the night. One of my camp friends was in town and I haven't seen her in nearly three years so it was so much fun to be able to see each other. 


camp friends are best friends



Yesterday, we went out for breakfast and then the girls did a little shopping before I headed back home where Ryan and I enjoyed a night with a few beers (mmmm Smoked Porter and Mean Old Tom) and Chinese food delivery in front of the fire. 

We watched the first episode of American Horror Story (did anyone else see it? Yikes!!!!) and attempted to watch a movie called 42 about Jackie Robinson but we both fell asleep pretty quickly. It was good so I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it. Unfortunately, i ALWAYS fall asleep during movies.

I am going to get back to my work but before I do, this post is brought to you, as always, with Friends Making Monday's. 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!


All about the Blog
1.  How long have you been blogging?  About five months or so.....so not very long at all. 
2.  What is the overwhelming theme of your blog? I first started as a way to document the changes we made as we renovated and redecorated our house but it seems as if it is becoming more of a daily life/my on going to-do list sort of theme. Whatever. it works for me. 
3.  Have you connected with people in person after meeting them through blogging?  No....not yet at least.  
4.  What do you enjoy most about blogging?  I really enjoy documenting and putting my every day happenings into words and then seeing them come intro fruition.  I like that I started my ten-things-Tuesday series and my 101 in 1001 list (It once again solidifies that I thrive on lists and having set goals to accomplish). And I cannot neglect the satisfaction that comes when someone comments on the blog. It was such a highlight of my "blogging career" (ha!) when another blogger 
5.  How often do you blog? Over the summer, I had more time and was able to blog a few times per week. Lately, it feels like I can get out a post on Monday (For FMM) and Tuesday's for Ten Things Tuesday. I have a bunch of draft posts that are constantly in the works but since I am so NOT technologically savvy, it sometimes takes me a long time to deal with pictures and formatting, etc. I just bought a keyboard for the iPad so since I won't be forced to stay in the computer room to work on a computer, I will be able to sit on the couch at night and type from the iPad. 
6.  Share one thing that you don’t like about blogging. Nothing major comes to mind. I once got stressed that I wasn't able to post as frequently as some other bloggers but then I put it into perspective that those bloggers do this for a full time job, and my blogging is strictly hobby. I also don't like the spam comments!


7. Do you talk about your blog in everyday life?  Not at all. Very few people know that I do this and of those few people, not very many know the name of the blog or how to find it. I don't even really talk about it with Ryan. 
8.  What is the coolest and most unexpected thing that has happened to you as a result of blogging?  Another blogger has referenced a recipe of mine on her blog! (FYI-it was the homemade applesauce)
9.  Are there topics that are off-limits on your blog?  If so, name a few…I won't go into detail about the Teenager or anything related him. I won't talk too much about my family or the situations that happened. 
10.  If you could accomplish one thing through your blog before the end of this year, what would you want to accomplish? I just want to be able to continue having this online scrapbooking for myself. 
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hello to someone new!  

No comments:

Post a Comment