Monday, November 11, 2013

Thanksgiving Menu


Ok, really quickly before I get into the Thanksgiving related stuff. My weekend: celebrated friends recent engagement, birthday party for long-time camp friend, but mostly, it was all about spending time with my favorite guy of all time



We had a lot of fun singing and dancing-he was especially fond of the "tootsie roll" song and would go nuts, flapping his arms and legs, when we sang and danced together. Laughing baby=instant happiness in the world.

Anyways, Thanksgiving is getting closer, and I am realizing just how little time I have to prepare for everything! The next two weekends are jam packed-CPI training all next weekend, and the following weekend I have a birthday party on Friday, and a Friendsgiving on Saturday and another Friendsgiving on Sunday. That means I have significantly less time to prep for it than I would have liked.

That being said, I have already planned out my menu:


Appetizers: I like for most of the appetizers to be able to be made in advance and require very little work the day of. I had way too many appetizers last year so I decided to scale back this year
  • Veggie tray in the shape of a turkey & 2-3 different types of dips
Last year's veggie platter
Thanks pinterest for the idea

  • Cheese/crackers
  • Bacon wrapped dates (inspired by the dish we ate the day of the pole competition)
  • Butternut squash soup ( I will be making this later today and freezing it)
  • Added: potato latkes-these will be pre-made and all I have to do is put them in the oven. It is also Chanukah! 

Vegetables/Side Dishes:
  • Green beans with almonds and garlic
  • Stuffing
  • Twice baked stuffed sweet potatoes (I made yesterday and froze them. Recipe to be posted this week)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Salad/dressings (asking someone to bring this)
  • Crescent rolls/bread and butter
  • Roasted squash (I'm still undecided on this one)
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Corn
  • Vegetable Medley (an infamous dish made by Ryan's mother)
Main Course:
  • Turkey (obviously)
  • Gravy
Drinks:
  • Wine (2 white, 1 red)
  • Soda's
  • Infused water
Desserts:

In case you missed it, here are other posts related to the series:
So, instead of doing my mounds of paperwork (because progress reports are due at the same time as Thanksgiving so I should be taking care of that stuff now...) but, instead I am going to meet up with some friends at the dog park and then hit up Ikea with them.

Questions for you:
What's going on in your neck of the woods?
Do you have a local dog park?

No comments:

Post a Comment