Ok, really quickly before I get into the Thanksgiving related stuff. My weekend: celebrated friends recent engagement, birthday party for long-time camp friend, but mostly, it was all about spending time with my favorite guy of all timeWe had a lot of fun singing and dancing-he was especially fond of the "tootsie roll" song and would go nuts, flapping his arms and legs, when we sang and danced together. Laughing baby=instant happiness in the world.
Anyways, Thanksgiving is getting closer, and I am realizing just how little time I have to prepare for everything! The next two weekends are jam packed-CPI training all next weekend, and the following weekend I have a birthday party on Friday, and a Friendsgiving on Saturday and another Friendsgiving on Sunday. That means I have significantly less time to prep for it than I would have liked.
That being said, I have already planned out my menu:
Appetizers: I like for most of the appetizers to be able to be made in advance and require very little work the day of. I had way too many appetizers last year so I decided to scale back this year
- Veggie tray in the shape of a turkey & 2-3 different types of dips
|Last year's veggie platter|
Thanks pinterest for the idea
- Bacon wrapped dates (inspired by the dish we ate the day of the pole competition)
- Butternut squash soup ( I will be making this later today and freezing it)
- Added: potato latkes-these will be pre-made and all I have to do is put them in the oven. It is also Chanukah!
- Green beans with almonds and garlic
- Twice baked stuffed sweet potatoes (I made yesterday and froze them. Recipe to be posted this week)
- Mashed potatoes
- Salad/dressings (asking someone to bring this)
- Crescent rolls/bread and butter
- Roasted squash (I'm still undecided on this one)
- Cranberry sauce
- Vegetable Medley (an infamous dish made by Ryan's mother)
- Turkey (obviously)
- Wine (2 white, 1 red)
- Infused water
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Cinnamon pin-wheels
- Apple bread
- Pumpkin loaf
- Fruit platter
- Pie (someone will bring)
In case you missed it, here are other posts related to the series:
Questions for you:
What's going on in your neck of the woods?
Do you have a local dog park?