Since I missed last weeks entry, I really wanted to make sure I got this one in. I love these posts that Kenlie does each week and I find myself looking forward to them week after week. Thanks Kenlie!!!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Are you familiar with GMO’s? Is it an issue that matters to you? I never put too much thought into it, but the idea of it doesn't sit well with me
2. List a few items that are typically on your grocery list. Without fail, I will ALWAYS have Quakers maple and brown sugar oatmeal and Ocean sprays cran-grape lite. If I had to live off of one food and one drink, it would be those.
3. What is your favorite place to shop for produce? I unfortunately go for convenience and generally only go to Stop and Shop which is literally four minutes from my house. There are a bunch of other farmer markets very close by but I don't always have cash on me and it is just easier to go to one store. If I had endless time, I would prefer to go to local farmer's markets for fresh produce. I loved when we went over the summer and bought those fiddleheads.
4. Do you eat processed foods? Yeah...although, I don't eat them nearly as much as I used to. I've been pretty good at making things on the weekends (like last weekend when I made my sweet and tangy salsa) so I try to make sure I have convenient snacks on hand.
5. Do you look for the “organic” label when you shop? It's fun to go down that aisle at stop and shop but it is expensive.
6. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Same thing as always-see #2. Oatmeal and juice.
7. How many meals per week do you cook at home? I try to cook most of my meals at home. Between Ryan and I, we usually cook or at least prepare foods at home most nights of the week. Friday's and Saturday's are a different story.
8. Do you think that foods that have been genetically engineered should be labeled? Yes, absolutely.
9. What matters most to you when you’re choosing a restaurant? Good food. Clean. We have said for a long time that you can tell if the restaurant is going to be good based on their bread and butter. Usually, that holds true. I also like to try new places or at least non-chain restaurants.
10. What is your favorite meal to cook at home? I love making ravioli, lasagna (I got the recipe from the wine tour in Italy a few years ago and it is THE MOST DECADENT lasagna I have ever eaten), and any kind of soup. My comfort food though is plain boring chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn mixed up together so that is always good to make as well.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and have a happy Monday, friends!
That's all I got for today but since I have tomorrow off, I have grand plans for taking care of a bunch of Thanksgiving related posts coming your way.