Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Easy, quick, and cheap...

...sounds like a bad tag line for a hooker. But I'm actually talking about a quick meal or snack that the teenager devoured and then made the next day on his own.

A little while ago, I made a ginormous batch of homemade ravioli and had PLENTY of the cheese mixture left over.

Just wanted to share with you an easy way to use some of that cheese mixture so it doesn't go to waste.

Yum! French bread pizza loaf!

I bought the french bread for $0.99 and cut about a third of it off, which turned out to be enough Ryan (large appetite), the teenager (potential for large appetite when it involves pizza but not when it involves vegetables), and myself.


Then, I sliced it in half, drizzled a drop of olive oil on it and shmeared some of the cheese spread on.


I topped it with some fresh tomatoes, roasted zucchini and yellow squash that I had left over from minestrone soup, and more spoonful's of the cheese mixture.

Popped it into the oven at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes or so, till the cheese is melting and before it turns dark brown. Quick minute or two under the broiler and your good to go.


Easy. Quick. Cheap.  

French bread pizza loaf, not a hooker.

Question for you:
Do you have any easy, quick, and cheap meals that you can share? 



No comments:

Post a Comment