Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tastes kind of like chinese food.....

 

A few weeks ago, I made this recipe that I found from watching a bunch of Rachel Ray 30 minute meal episodes while endlessly painting the bathroom.

During one particular episode, she made this meal and I was instantly intrigued.

It turned out SO. FREAKING. GOOD.



Ingredients:
  • half box of whole wheat linguini (Rachel Ray used soba noodles but I couldn't find any)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 TBSP rice vinegar (I used garlic infused rice vinegar)
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated (Original recipe calls for one clove of garlic)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup shelled edamame. (I have been eating these as a snack ever since and they are AWESOME)
  • 2 large carrots, grated
  • 1 small bunch scallions, sliced
  • 3 TBSP sesame seeds
  • Steak tips as desired
 
 
Directions:
 
Boil water and prepare pasta according to box directions.
 
Toast the sesame seeds over low head until they start to get slightly brown
 
 
Grill the steak tips on cast iron skillet as desired. Chicken or shrimp would be delicious in this as well.
 
 
Combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic.
 
 
Whisk in olive oil.
 
 
 
 
Add in the edamame, grated carrots, scallions,
 
 
 
Toss with sesame seeds, pasta, steak and combine until all ingredients are incorporated.
 
 
 
Tips:
Freeze the ginger and use a potato peeler to peel.
A cheese grater was my best friend for this meal. I used it for everything.
 
  
 

Mulder's friend, Cole, and little puppy Ella. I almost died from insane amount of cuteness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment