Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Typical Me and Friend Making Monday But Really It Is Tuesday

Typical me...day late and a dollar short. But, it's been a great start of the week. I recently started a position at a new school district and I am super excited about it. It is in an urban environment and I am really looking forward to joining a district in this type of environment. I tried working in a suburban environment for a little while and although there are perks to working in that type of environment, my heart really belongs to the urban environment. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to the upcoming school year and I sincerely hope I have found my "forever school" where I will be until I retire. Now I just need to know what school I will be working in-seeing that school starts tomorrow! 
We had a district-wide orientation and welcoming this morning followed by a few hour break. This afternoon, I will be heading to the administration office with my other fellow SLP's (who I got to meet yesterday) and will find out my school assignment. 
With that being said, it's time for another edition of Friends Making Monday! (uhh, Tuesday. See-day late and a dollar short.)
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Questions and Answers
1.  What is a typical weekday like for you?  Loaded question. I am new to the school district so I am not quite sure what it will exactly look like but I am assuming it is something like this: Hour and a half -two hours before school starts: Wake up, press snooze, whine about it being early, finally get out of bed, get dressed, try on three different outfits before selecting something that I have worn a gazillion times, do hair-decide I don't like how it looks and throw it up in a ponytail, do makeup, eat breakfast, make coffee, pack lunch, drive to work, work until school gets out, drive home, and spend the rest of the evening doing stuff around the house and cooking dinner. 
2.  Name one song that never fails to make you happy and one song that you always listen to when you’re sad. Any song that is a "camp" song will automatically make me nostalgic and think of camp
3.  Did you watch the VMA’s last night? No, and after hearing all the Miley crap, I'm glad I didn't.
4.  Share at least two that you possess.Two skills I am assuming. I am pretty good at fine-motor things-like untangling necklaces and untying knots. And I can fold laundry well. Pathetic, but true. 
5.  Share one thing that you wish you had the confidence to do.  Enter a pole competition. I recently heard about these competitions and while I am no where near ready, I think it would be really fun to get into competing. After all, I was a competitive dancer while growing up and loved it. 
6. Tell us about one insecurity that people might be surprised that you have.  I am petrified about driving in Boston. All the one way streets and crazy drivers-it's so overwhelming! 
7.  If you could be the CEO of any company, which one would you choose to lead?  I wouldn't. want to be a CEO- I know nothing of business, let alone running a business. I wouldn't want all that responsibility. 
8. List at least three hobbies that make you happy. Puzzles, dancing, and baking. 
Latest update in the 2000 piece puzzle. This one is taking me forever!
9.  Is there someone in your life that you wish you could say “I love you” to?  Ummm, not really. Well yes, but I am choosing to keep that private. 
10.  Share one cool thing that happened over the weekend.  I signed up for a ten class commitment at a new pole studio and Ryan is almost done building out my dance room! We bought floors yesterday and ordered a new piece to secure the pole into the ceiling. Check back soon for pictures of the final product! 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions.  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday Tuesday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Finally getting to stop by from FMM...
    I wouldn't want to drive in Boston either. When I lived there, I stuck to the T and on occasion was a passenger and that was frightening. Also, I almost got hit by a truck in downtown and I still fear for my life when I have to cross ANY street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driving in boston is the worst!!!!

    ReplyDelete